Vegan Pesto Grilled Cheese
Preparation Time: 5 minutes. Cooking Time: 5 minutes. Portions: 4
- 3 cups fresh basil, large stems torn off
- juice of 1 lemon
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- 3 large cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cracked black pepper
- Rinse the basil, wringing out most of the water and toweling it off a bit. A small amount of water is ok.
- Combine all ingredients in a large food processor. Mix for 2 minutes.
- Stop to scrape down the sides and process for another minute. Then high five yourself, you're done! How easy was that?
- 8 slices bread
- ½ cup vegan pesto
- ⅓ cup marinated semi-dried tomatoes
- ½ cup vegan mozzarella
- 2 tsp balsamic glaze
- 4 tbsp vegan butter
- Spread 2 tbsp vegan pesto on 4 slices of bread. Divide the tomatoes and cheese among the four slices.
- Put a griddle pan over medium heat. Drizzle each slice with ½ tsp balsamic glaze, then top with the remaining bread.
- Spread the outsides of the sandwiches with 1 tbsp vegan butter each. Cook the vegan pesto grilled cheese sandwiches on the griddle pan until golden brown on the outside and melty on the inside, about 2-3 minutes on each side.