Keto Carrot Cake
Preparation time: 5 minutes. Cooking time: 5 minutes. Portions: 2
- 1/2 cup (100g shredded) grated carrot
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp double cream / heavy cream
- 3/4 cup (75g) almond flour or ground almonds
- 10 g (small handful walnuts) crushed
- 2 tbsp powdered erythritol
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice / mixed spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 tbsp full fat cream cheese
- 1 tsp powdered erythritol (optional)
- Mix your dry ingredients – almond flour, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, baking powder, powdered erythritol and crushed walnut pieces.
- Add the wet ingredients- grated carrot, egg, melted butter, double / heavy cream.
- Fill the carrot cake batter into 2 well-greased ramekins (I used melted butter) or 1 pyrex glass bowl and microwave 5 minutes at 800W (or 6 minutes at 700W).
- Turn upside down onto a plate and serve with cream cheese frosting (cream cheese mixed with optional powdered erythritol).
- Decorate with more crushed walnuts and grated carrot. Or eat straight from the ramekin!
- Microwaving the cake at 800 watts will get best results - this gives the carrot time to soften sufficiently. It also prevents the cake from rising too quickly and spilling out to the sides of the ramekin.
- If you want to bake the cake in the oven, try 175 Celsius / 350 Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes. If you bake it as a larger cake rather than 2 ramekins, it may take a little longer.
- You can make this Keto Carrot Cake WITH AND WITHOUT EGG. If you choose to omit the egg, add an additional 1 tbsp of double / heavy cream.