Zucchini Noodles with Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp
Temps préparation: 10 minutes. Temps cuisson: 10 minutes. Portions: 4
- 1 pound (450g) raw medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons softened butter, or ghee, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italien seasoning
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Juice of 1/2 fresh lemon
- 1/4 cup (60ml) chicken or vegetable stock (or white wine)
- Hot sauce of your choice, to taste (we used Sriracha)
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- To prepare this lemon garlic butter shrimp recipe with zucchini noodles: Wash and trim the ends of the zucchini. Make the zucchini pasta using a spiralizer or julienne peeler and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil and 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp in one layer and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook shrimp for one minute without stirring, so the bottom of the shrimps get slightly browned.
- Add the chopped garlic, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes and then stir the shrimp for another minute or two to cook shrimp the other side. Transfer the grilled shrimp to a shallow plate.
- In the same pan, add remaining butter, lemon juice, chicken or vegetable stock, and hot sauce to the pan. Bring the sauce to a simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Stir in the zucchini noodles and cook until done, about 2 minutes, stirring regularly. Allow the sauce to reduce a bit if it’s too watery. Add the grilled shrimp back to the pan and stir for another minute. Serve immediately your shrimp zucchini noodles with lemon slices, extra parsley, and pepper. Enjoy!