Keto Cauliflower & Jalapeno Popper (Mac & Cheese)
Prep Time: 15 minutes. Cook Time: 30 minutes. Servings: 5
Net Carbs: 5 net carbs per serving
- 1 Large head of cauliflower cut into florets
- ¾ C. Heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz. Cream cheese
- 1 + ¼ C. Shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 1 Large jalapeno seeded and finely chopped
- ½ C. Bacon pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the cauliflower florets into a pot of water over medium-high heat on the stove, and cook at a boil for 5 minutes until crispy tender. Drain and rinse immediately in cold water.
- In a pot over medium heat on the stove, add the heavy whipping cream and creamy cheese. Cook the mixture down until well blended and thickened slightly.
- Add 1 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese to the pot, and whisk until combined.
- Mix the jalapeno and bacon pieces into the cheese mixture, and remove from the heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the cheese mixture over the cauliflower florets, and toss to coat.
- Add the mixture to a 9×9 baking dish, and top with the remaining ¼ cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake the mac and cheese for 20-25 minutes until browned and bubbling.