Pasta with lentil bolognese sauce
You can do everything with vegetable proteins and without skimping on the taste. This is why we are offering you a delicious vegetarian pasta recipe with Bolognese lentils that will satisfy your taste buds!
Ingredients (for 4 people):
- Enough pasta for 4 people
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup white mushrooms diced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 cup fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup lentils (green or brown) rinsed
- 2 1/2 cups water
- Cook the pasta over the stove as you normally would.
- In a large skillet, add the onion, garlic, mushrooms, oregano, red pepper, salt and pepper, along with 1 tbsp olive oil, and sauté for 3-5 minutes until the onion and mushrooms are soft.
- Next, add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, lentils and water and stir to combine. Place a lid on the skillet, bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer it for 18-25 minutes, or until lentils are cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Serve lentil bolognese over pasta, sprinkle with additional red pepper flakes and enjoy!