Vegan Cream and Strawberries Popsicles
Preparation time: 15 minutes. Refrigeration: 5 hours. Portions: 10 popsicles
Ingredients for coconut cashew layer:
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked in water for at least 4 hours
- 1 1/4 cups coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
Ingredients for strawberry layer:
- 12 ounces strawberries, washed and hulled
- 1/2 of a lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a high-speed blender, combine the ingredients for the strawberry layer and purée until smooth. Strain the seeds out if desired, then pour the purée evenly into the popsicles molds. About halfway depending on the mold you are using.
- Rinse out the blender container and add in the soaked and drained cashews, coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla and pinch of salt. Purée until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the blender container as needed.
- Pour the coconut cashew cream over the strawberry purée layer. Swirl the layers with a wooden or metal skewer. Cover with the lid and insert the popsicle sticks. Freeze for at least 5 hours.